
The Tigo Scandal
Refer to this link at ElaKiri.com, a Sri Lankan forum, to find out an interesting case of Tigo secretly and illegally listening to subscribers' telephone calls. I don't know whether it's true or false, but the amount of unpleasant experiences I had with the same network leads me to think that "a smoke doesn't come without a fire". Once Tigo used to charge you Rs.1.18 every few seconds if you were in a GPRS login process which took more time than normal (again, the error was on their side), it did cost me hundreds of rupees (of course, with their snail like EDGE speed), and after so many complaints, they only paid me Rs.50 back. All these resulted me in switching to a different network. However, when it comes to customer service, Dialog is second to none. According to my knowledge, Tigo is the first network in Sri Lanka to start charging for customer service (Rs.3), but you still have to wait in a queue (and the bonus doesn't help because you can't use it until you end up all the credit in your account, be it Rs.50 or Rs.1500), while at Dialog, they instantly pick up your call totally free. I won't mention Mobitel, they have not responded to a complaint that I logged one and a half months ago (where Dialog takes only around three days), but at least their staff is friendly and the network has a nice 3G coverage. I've never talked to a "friendly", Tigo customer agent, they always ask you to send them a fax if you want to complaint and most of the agents are a bit too "proud" and "big headed".
- This post was not aimed at attacking any of the above mentioned networks, and only expresses my personal experiences and views.
- This post was not aimed at attacking any of the above mentioned networks, and only expresses my personal experiences and views.

0 comments:
Post a Comment