Mobile Royale - An Asian Perspective on Mobile Industry

The mobile industry from an Asian eye. The only mobile phone reviews site with a truly Asian style, the best place for Asian mobile phone fans. Mainly focussing on Nokia devices, smartphones and future mobile developments. Subscribe to RSS Feed

N810 and GPS

First I thought that GPS was not available to Sri Lanka. Wow! I was wrong! Today I (actually my cousin brother) was able to get GPS working, after around 30 minutes of sunbathing for the N810. And then on, you can connect to GPS in an instant. Expect the pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    Hi,
    Do you know a place in Sri Lanka where I can buy a n810 ?, and one my friends told me that, there is a import regulation/rule or some crap that dose not allow the import of phones with GPS, is it true? will I have to go through ministry of defense if some one sends me a n810 on mail ?

    thanks :bye

  2. K FLYER said...
     

    Actually I don't know of any such regulation, but I don't think there's any. Because there's no reason why a goverment would ban GPS. There's no harm that GPS can do as it can only track where you are and not someone else. Although terrorists may use such technologies for destructions, GPS in a mobile phone is not that advanced to be used in a bad way. GPS in a phone is purely used for car navigation only and that is also not possible in Sri Lanka as rural roads in Sri Lanka is not yet into maps of global providers. So this might be a rumour only. Also, many phones which have GPS are imported into Sri Lanka which is allowed by the government. I don't know of any shop where you can buy a N810, if you are on the chase for a device with GPS, I may suggest you buying a N82 instead. Which has GPS with A-GPS, which helps for faster GPS locks.

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    Unfortunately A-GPS is not available from operaters in SL. And there was a news item today morning about the ban on GPS mobile phones in SL

Post a Comment