
SUPER BAD - Courier services through TNT
To make a long story short, I'll write it in point form.
- I was to get an Nokia N95-1 (my nickname for it - Terabyte XL) for testing from N Series WOM World. The device was to be sent to me via TNT and was picked up on 3rd Mar 2008 from UK.
- TNT provided me with an estimated delivery date of 7th Mar in my beautiful, poor, Asian home country.
-The device first travelled to Belgium, then came back to UK again, shipped back to it's final destination and arrived with a delay of one day, on 8th Mar. Status were,
"Held in Customs" at 09:32
"Waiting for clearance instructions from receiver" at 10:40
[At 10:40, they marked as Delivered in the tracker form, but the package is still in transit]
"Returned to Origin" at 10:41
-The device travelled back to UK. As I later found out, TNT had some problems with UK Customs.
-It arrived back in my country. Hopefully released from customs and marked as
"Import Received" and "Consignment in Warehouse" on 11th Mar.
- I've been waiting impatiently. WOM World has already paid TNT for return delivery too, and advised them to charge from WOM's account if there'd be any taxes upon receiving.
- After 8 days of waiting, (yesterday) I called local TNT office and got a sigh of relief, because the customer agent responded as
"The package will be handed over to a third party for delivery this evening and will be with you by tomorrow morning". Note that my home is only a thirty minute drive from their warehouse. The agent also told that the delivery delayed because they were provided with my contact number only yesterday.
-Later during the day (yesterday) , a TNT agent called me. Saying that he had been trying to contact me since a week (remember what the other agent told) and that the package has been stopped by customs (then how come it is shown in the tracker as in warehouse) and that I need to pay them the tax duty fees and a special fee to them for dealing with customs if I want the package to be released. I told him that I've to negotiate with the sender and the agent agreed to call back in a few hours.
-Since then I've been impatiently writing to WOM and TNT and phone calling them, but nothing has changed so far. WOM advised TNT to take action soon to release it from customs and charge them for it, but TNT has NOT done it so far. I've written to TNT numerous times, but no response, when I wrote to the email address of one of their main officers, I was to get the response "Out of office". I called their hotline this morning too this is what happened,
"Welcome to TNT, how may I help you today?"
"I want to track a package sent to me"
"Please hold on"
BLA BLA BLA -Music-
"Hello! How may I help you ..."
"I want to track a package .."
"What!?! This is Singapore Airlines !!!"
-The good old N95 is still sitting at TNT's warehouse, for the 10th day. I'm totally sick of TNT's customer service now, I will never choose them or never recommed them to anyone. That is for sure. But one condition, if they are able to deliver the package, without any harm to it, to me within 24 hours (ie- before 3.30p.m tomorrow), I might consider about taking this post down. Let's see what'll happen.
- I was to get an Nokia N95-1 (my nickname for it - Terabyte XL) for testing from N Series WOM World. The device was to be sent to me via TNT and was picked up on 3rd Mar 2008 from UK.
- TNT provided me with an estimated delivery date of 7th Mar in my beautiful, poor, Asian home country.
-The device first travelled to Belgium, then came back to UK again, shipped back to it's final destination and arrived with a delay of one day, on 8th Mar. Status were,
"Held in Customs" at 09:32
"Waiting for clearance instructions from receiver" at 10:40
[At 10:40, they marked as Delivered in the tracker form, but the package is still in transit]
"Returned to Origin" at 10:41
-The device travelled back to UK. As I later found out, TNT had some problems with UK Customs.
-It arrived back in my country. Hopefully released from customs and marked as
"Import Received" and "Consignment in Warehouse" on 11th Mar.
- I've been waiting impatiently. WOM World has already paid TNT for return delivery too, and advised them to charge from WOM's account if there'd be any taxes upon receiving.
- After 8 days of waiting, (yesterday) I called local TNT office and got a sigh of relief, because the customer agent responded as
"The package will be handed over to a third party for delivery this evening and will be with you by tomorrow morning". Note that my home is only a thirty minute drive from their warehouse. The agent also told that the delivery delayed because they were provided with my contact number only yesterday.
-Later during the day (yesterday) , a TNT agent called me. Saying that he had been trying to contact me since a week (remember what the other agent told) and that the package has been stopped by customs (then how come it is shown in the tracker as in warehouse) and that I need to pay them the tax duty fees and a special fee to them for dealing with customs if I want the package to be released. I told him that I've to negotiate with the sender and the agent agreed to call back in a few hours.
-Since then I've been impatiently writing to WOM and TNT and phone calling them, but nothing has changed so far. WOM advised TNT to take action soon to release it from customs and charge them for it, but TNT has NOT done it so far. I've written to TNT numerous times, but no response, when I wrote to the email address of one of their main officers, I was to get the response "Out of office". I called their hotline this morning too this is what happened,
"Welcome to TNT, how may I help you today?"
"I want to track a package sent to me"
"Please hold on"
BLA BLA BLA -Music-
"Hello! How may I help you ..."
"I want to track a package .."
"What!?! This is Singapore Airlines !!!"
-The good old N95 is still sitting at TNT's warehouse, for the 10th day. I'm totally sick of TNT's customer service now, I will never choose them or never recommed them to anyone. That is for sure. But one condition, if they are able to deliver the package, without any harm to it, to me within 24 hours (ie- before 3.30p.m tomorrow), I might consider about taking this post down. Let's see what'll happen.

0 comments:
Post a Comment