Mobile Royale - An Asian Perspective on Mobile Industry

The mobile industry from an Asian eye. The only mobile phone reviews site with a truly Asian style, the best place for Asian mobile phone fans. Mainly focussing on Nokia devices, smartphones and future mobile developments. Subscribe to RSS Feed

Hacking for "FUN"

Yesterday, Symbian FREAKS (Ed- Notice the caps lock), had posted a big, victorious article saying that they were able to pass all the security locks in the Symbian OS 9 S60 v3.1 (in a tone that they conquered the world) and hack the system. The article had demonstrated that hacking is a really good thing and meant that it is the best way to improve applications, OS etc. It also strongly recommended that the phone they buy is owned to them, they want to have personal fun with it, and hence Nokia should allow and encourage hacking. So, let me ask from you all, who takes responsibility for the end results of their "personal fun hacking"...? Whoever takes the responsibility, you can be assured that it could sometimes be a simple mass destruction and a horrible dream for each and every Symbian user (don't worry. I don't they can't completely bypass your Symbian phone's security. It can be done only if you willingly do so. It is still far far away from you). It is undoubtebly true that some disastrous hacker will use these tricks for their attempts. So dear FREAKS over there at respected Symbian Freak, I agree that you own your phone and can have fun and also that this is some sort of improvement, but don't bring danger into other people's lives. It really is good to have an open platform than a closed one, but I'm sure that you realise the hidden danger in opening it. Specially the after effects. I might not be a reputed blogger like you all, but I still believe that it is no wrong to point out a fault. After all, what is the use of hacking a OS which is already outdated? I'm sure FP2 has lots of improvements on security, and I don't think hacking it would be an easy task. So dear bloggers, don't use blogging to post junk.
To read authors views on this at one of the most respected smartphone websites, AllAboutSymbian, please click here .

0 comments:

Post a Comment