Mobile Royale - An Asian Perspective on Mobile Industry

The mobile industry from an Asian eye. The only mobile phone reviews site with a truly Asian style, the best place for Asian mobile phone fans. Mainly focussing on Nokia devices, smartphones and future mobile developments. Subscribe to RSS Feed

An Active Smartphone Day

Last 24 hours time was one of the most action packed days for the smartphone industry in recent times. Main facts for this include the iPhone SDK and the N95 8GB NAM. First, iPhone SDK. The iPhone SDK was launched by Steve Jobs and as you will be able to read more on his comments by a simple Googling session, I don't intend to emphasize on his sayings. But I feel that what he said mig prove WRONG in the future. According to him, iPhone is the very best in mobile applications and none of the other manufacturers/platforms are up to match them. I personally don't like when people tell they are the very best and noone else, but also, personally I don't like the iPhone. Yes, it might have one of the best UIs ever, but it has nothing else that I want. No 3G, no good camera, and most importantly, till yesterday, no good applications support. iPhone applications might be successful in the future, but we can't expect that Nokia will stay silent. So, so far, the best applications platform for me is Symbian (but I'm no Symbian user so far :-D). Secondly, the North American version of Nokia N95 8GB was launched. With all the good bits, except a microSD and a lens cover, the device should still make users happy at $799. There were many nice small things. Look at a brighter Symbian future. Here's the link to Space Impact - Kappa Base review, the latest review by All About N-Gage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment